Generally the Broadcast eXchange Format (BXF) defines the format and content of XML Messages for the interchange of data and metadata among professional systems, as follows:
1. Broadcast schedules, including playout and record schedules
2. As run information
3. Content metadata, such as Content ID, Title, Duration, etc.
4. Content management requests such as dub and purge requests
5. Requests for transfer of content some of which will result in the transfer of Content essence between professional systems.
6. Ports as used by TCP/IP for the exchange of messages
The primary systems envisioned as users of this standard are:
- Program Management Systems
- Broadcast Traffic Systems
- Master Control Automation Systems
- Content Distribution Systems
This particular document focuses on use cases of BXF, helping implementers to better understand how BXF may be used in a variety of scenarios.
- File Size:
- 1 file , 870 KB